This package of four lessons uses SMART Board™ to teach students with social impairments, particularly those with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, or other special needs, about behaviors, staying safe, body language, and self-care. Topics include:
- How can I keep my body clean?
- How can I stay healthy and well-rested?
- How should I behave in the bathroom?
- What happens if my stall is out of toilet paper?
- How can I give people privacy in the bathroom?
- How can I stay hygienic when I am menstruating?
- How do I change a pad?
You get the PDF version of the file and the SMART Board™ Programmed files for each lesson.
The SMART Board™ interactive whiteboard is touch-sensitive and operates as part of a system that includes a computer and a projector. A SMART Board is one brand of interactive whiteboard.
The projector displays what is open on the computer and, rather than using a mouse or keyboard (although you can use those also), the SMART Board is a touch screen, which allows you to manipulate anything on the screen using your fingers.
By Stephanie Mitelman, MA, Certified Sexuality Educator. 2019. #SEM21