In this episode, we’re talking with Catherine Creighton Martin and Clara Hauth, authors of the brand-new edition of The Survival Guide for New Special Education Teachers, a handbook full of realistic strategies teacher candidates and new teachers need to succeed in their first years in the classroom – and beyond. You’ve got the right stuff to be a special educator, but Catherine and Clara want to give you a helping hand.
Listen now! Or, download the podcast.
About the guests
Catherine Creighton Martin is the mother of a child with a disability, and currently teaches students with disabilities at Fairfax County Public Schools in Virginia, and is an adjunct professor at George Mason University. Clara Hauth is an assistant professor of special education at Marymount University, with more than 10 years of public school service as a special education classroom teacher and as a lead mentor for new teachers.
Resources from this episode
- The Survival Guide for New Special Education Teachers
- CEC Membership (all students save 20% on any membership)
- CEC/CEC-PD Mentoring Program
- CEC Convention Registration (save up to 48% as a CEC Student Member!)
- CEC’s IDEA 40th Anniversary Celebration