Strong induction programs help new special education teachers manage their classrooms and improve morale, self-efficacy, and student outcomes.
We have curated CEC’s most popular and comprehensive onboarding resources (a combined value of over $700) and developed a step-by-step, multimedia resource to help you effectively prepare your team of new teachers. The resources can be used in many ways for individual or group professional development, coaching, and/or continuing education throughout the school year.
This toolkit includes:
Resources for you:
- Your Key to the Induction Toolkit, an implementation guide developed exclusively for the Induction Toolkit, to help you utilize the resources from this kit to best welcome and support your new teachers.
- “The Survival Guide for New Special Education Teachers”
- “What Every Special Educator Must Know,” CEC’s famous Red Book
- Tips and Tools for New Special Educators: TEACHING Exceptional Children, vol. 49.4, a special issue of TEACHING Exceptional Children, dedicated solely to supporting new teachers.
- Access to the CEC Webinar “Administrators: Helping New Special Education Teachers Thrive in the Classroom,” a one-hour webinar to help you support your new teachers.
Resources for your teachers:
- Five (5) copies of Tips and Tools for New Special Educators: TEACHING Exceptional Children, vol. 49.4, a special issue of TEACHING Exceptional Children, dedicated solely to supporting new teachers.
- Access to the CEC Webinar “Thriving as a New Special Education Teacher,” a one-hour webinar for teachers with the strategies and support they need.
- “You’ve Got This” Podcasts, designed for new teachers, with guest experts from the field on some of the biggest new teacher topics.
- Five (5) copies of “The Survival Guide for New Special Education Teachers”
Together, these resources are valued over $700, but if you purchase this fully developed toolkit, you’ll save hundreds of dollars. CEC Members save even more!
Council for Exceptional Children. 2018. CEC Product Code #D_ITK18.Order now!