Now early childhood professionals have their own guide to the popular Prevent-Teach-Reinforce (PTR) model—the research-proven, family-centered approach used in schools nationwide to resolve challenging behaviors. Developed by top behavior experts, this practical, reader-friendly guidebook shows you how to improve the social-emotional development and prevent challenging behaviors of young children in preschool settings by:
- Preventing behavior problems
- Teaching proactive communication and social skills
- Reinforcing positive behavior
A highly effective approach drawn from the research and principles of applied behavior analysis and positive behavior support, Prevent-Teach-Reinforce for Young Children will help you:
- resolve persistent challenging behaviors
- address problem behaviors common in younger children
- set individualized goals for children
- conduct family-centered assessment and intervention
- help children with and without disabilities
- work effectively with diverse families
- collect reliable data and use it to inform next steps
The CD-ROM includes planning forms and worksheets tailored for early childhood programs, including a Goal Sheet, Daily Log, Behavior Rating Scale, Intervention Menu, and Team Implementation Guide. And four detailed case examples walk you through the PTR-YC steps and implementation.
Ideal for a wide range of early childhood settings—including preschools, Head Start, and child care programs—this practical guide will help you resolve even the toughest behavior challenges in young children.
By Glen Dunlap Ph.D., Kelly Wilson B.S., Phillip S. Strain Ph.D., and Janice K. Lee M.Ed. 2013. 216 pages. ISBN 978-1-59857-250-6. #BP212.Order now!